Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Move "My Documents" folder to another drive or place then default

I was messing around with the Documents folder in windows explorer and messed up the registry where it would not work but the registry hack worked for me. So for all you out there this is good just use the registry hack if you have messed up by moving back and forth and if it stops working.

Go and change that, It would reflect that on the windows explorer %userprofile%

A lot of My Documents folder location changing instruction requires modification of registry key at the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\



Reference: April 09 2009
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/25/change-my-documents-folder-default-location-path-in-xp-and-vista/comment-page-1/#comment-569846

No comments: